Friday, June 23, 2023

Think Of Nothing Else

 A Virtual Walking Meditation 

Henry Creek at Beaman Park, in northern Nashville, TN

Think of Nothing Else 

To stop thinking about the things that are bothering me, 
I like to sit in a quiet room and think about a creek that I have walked in many times.  I close my eyes and, in my mind, walk slowly up this quiet creek.  I stop, often, along the walk to look down into the puddles at the crawdads, minnows, and snails, or look at the bright green moss on the rocks at the creek's edge, or the puffballs and mushrooms growing on a fallen tree.  I grab the 
ferns along the bank, turning the fronds over to see the spore-cases,   
as I listen to the birds singing in the trees, especially the 
mockingbird's long song that imitates most of the birds that live in 
this forest. I smell the many different wildflowers and watch the 
butterflies drinking nectar from them.  I feel the warmth of the sun 
on my arms, the breeze on my face, and the cool water on my feet.  
So, come with me!  Let's see, in our minds, what we can find along the way...and think of nothing else.  








Go to the summer archive in the left margin and click 
A Walk In The Creek. This is Henry Creek, the creek I'm talking
 about in this post.  It's one of my favorite places to be still and to
 listen to the insects and birds, to smell the flowers, and to feel 
the summer breeze on my arms and face.  I do all of this with 
my feet in the water...I can feel it, now!










This is a great form of therapy, for me, which helps me to take my mind away from the dark times that often visit me, since my accident.   I've discovered how powerful the mind can be!!